Allied Gardens is a residential neighborhood in the eastern Navajo community of San Diego, California. It neighbors San Carlos to the east, Del Cerro to the north, the College Area to the southeast and Grantville to the southwest.
Allied Gardens was developed by Louis L. Kelton and Walter Bollenbacher in 1955. They purchased the 1,000 acres (4 km2) from the Waring estate. Their original business name was the Allied Contractors, hence the name.
The Allied Gardens Recreation Center and Allied Gardens Pool are located on Greenbrier Avenue, next to Lewis Middle School. Further down the hill, just off Greenbrier on Estrella, are the community Little League fields. The area has a small business district located on Waring road between Orcutt and Zion, where it borders the community of Grantville. The abundance of parks and schools in the community has resulted in a very family-friendly reputation.
Allied Gardens Properties
This information is derived from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) service provided by San Diego MLS. Displayed property listings may be held by a brokerage firm other than the broker and/or agent responsible for this display. The information and any photographs and video tours and the compilation from which they are derived is protected by copyright. Compilation © 2021 San Diego MLS.