COVID-19 Health and Safety Tips
With the outbreak and steady spread of COVID-19 over the last couple weeks, there's no doubt that we've all been left feeling a little on edge. When information changes on an hourly basis, it's easy to feel overwhelmed with uncertainty. Fortunately, there are some very simple things you can do to limit the spread of the virus and stave off that feeling of powerlessness. Here are some recommendations from the CDC and WHO on how to keep yourself, your family, and your community safe:
• Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (sing “twinkle twinkle little star” as a timer), especially after being in public. If you don't have soap and water immediately available, hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol is an acceptable substitute.
• Avoid touching your face if your hands are unwashed.
• Maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. Avoid shaking hands, hugging, and other types of close contact with others.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or use your elbow, when you need to cough or sneeze. Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands.
• Stay home if you're sick. If you're sharing space with others, or if you must go out for medical care, use a facemask. Keep in mind that masks are currently in short supply - so if you're not sick, masks should be prioritized for caregivers.
• Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces including tables, door knobs, light switches, countertops, keyboards, remote controls, toilet handles, and faucets.
• Avoid congregating in large groups, especially in enclosed spaces. Keep up with the latest recommendations, prevention tips and news by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and The World Health Organization's websites. Whether it's virtual tours, private showings or a quick update on the state of the housing market, I'm at your service. Now, more than ever, we're in this together.
Realtor. Sale Associate
CENTURY 21 Award
© 2020 Century 21 Real Estate LLC. CENTURY 21® and the CENTURY 21 Logo are registered service marks owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC. Equal Housing Opportunity. Each office is independently owned and operated.